Monday, January 12, 2009

Two posts for the price of one!

District riding the bahn.
Here's to the New Year with Hot German Chocolate!


January 11th


Parental Units,
It is amazing how quickly the week flew by. I actually think the better word is scary. The days are just flying by...
This weekend I was rather sick. It was a downer for sure. But life is getting better.
The past few weeks have been down as far as lessons go, and as much as I'd like to blame it on sickness and the weather, I know that's not an adequate answer. This week I learned that I can control my own attitude more than I thought possible. I'm trying to understand self control and the emotions that are constantly flowing through my mind. It's a weird feeling to try to understand what I'm feeling instead of just feeling it. But, when I understand where the feeling is coming from, maybe then I can suppress or expand it. I don't know just yet, but I've always enjoyed experiments.
And honestly that's it for me. I know its not much, but there isn't really much to talk about this week. I've been sick and the work has been disappointing. There is still snow on the ground. It's kinda stopped bothering me I guess. If I play it right I don't have to be in it all that much. Just get a lot of appointments. That's the key.
Hey let Diane know I got the package please. And it was greatly appreciated.
That's cool about Mark and Wayne. I hope Mark's film does well. Earning a few bucks and getting known is always good.
I really don't know what else to write. I'm fine, just kinda tired. We're going to play wallball today at the church. I'm excited. I haven't done that since the 4th Grade. Woot for childhood!
I'm gunna go. Loves
Elder ChArnett

January 3rd



Dearest Parental Units,
Once again I find my self sitting in an Internet Laden, hearing languages I don't understand, being choked by secondhand smoke, and teaching off-hand lessons while trying to type. Such is the life.
It snowed 5 inches last night. I hate the snow. It's so cold. The only time I like snow is when it is on a mountain and I'm strapped to a board trying to get as much air as I can. Then I can bear it. But not when I'm walking around in it all day.
This past week was pretty good with it being New Years and all. We were in by 6pm, mission rules. But we stayed up til midnight and watched the fireworks. I forgot how crazy it is here. It's like the 2nd World War all over again. It's amazing how dirty the city turns in one night. One day clean, the next, covered with beer bottles and bomb shells. Yea Germany!
Today we already did our P-day Activity. We went bowling as a district and with Dominic, a 16 year old boy who lives in Essen. He just did a mini-mission for a week.
Paps, I need to know what time Wayne needs to be in Berlin. If I have the time that he has to be there, I can figure out a good route. But until that time, I'm kinda at a loss.
Well, leider, I am, once again, at a loss as to what I should share with you.


Paps, I understand what you mean, about the whole lose everyone that writes you and then you'll understand how to focus thing. I hate to admit it, but it's true. Some people are writing me ab und zu but nothing really that takes me away or distracts me. I've learned to control the thoughts. Thats a plus.
I really don't have much to say. I think I need to get some more Vitaman D so I get undepressed about all this stinkin snow!
I do know Celle and I do know President Jensen. He's a pretty funny man and very educated. It's crazy to think that Sister Allen's dad baptised him.
That's all I got for this week. I'm sorry. I've been really crappy at this writing thing the past couple of weeks...My bad. I'll try to get better.
And dad, stop gettin krunk with the old boys. You Tokin Mormon you.
LOVES
Elder ChArnett




Blogger's note: Elder Arnett's dad doesn not get krunk with the old boys. He is referencing something I mentioned in my email to him and that is on my blog. I am the token Mormon, though.

No comments: