Friday, January 30, 2009

Renovation and Rejuventation

Units of Parentaldom living in the land of the Valley of the Sun,
Oh yes! This week was so good for me. I don't even know how to explain it. But I'll try. The week started in a dreary way. No one was home or answering their phones or even stopping on the street. It's probably the worst and most annoying feeling in the world. But things turned around for me on Wednesday. I went on a tausch with Elder Thoennes in Essen. It was really good. It rejuvenated me. I also had an extremely awesome spiritual finding experience. We were walking and we crossed the street. I glanced at a door to an apartment complex and thought nothing of it. But at the second glance I had a really weird jump in my stomach. I didn't know what it was and almost walked on. But for one reason or another, I approached the door. As my eyes ran over the klingel box, they caught on a few Chinese names. I pushed the button and waited...and waited...and waited. No answer. So I turned to leave. I stepped of the porch and started walking to Elder Thoennes, but that same, feeling came back. I walked back to the door and my eyes went immediately to a name -- middle row, second from the top. I punched it and we got let in. We hiked the stairs (4th floor) and found the door. As we approached a man appeared covered in dreck from renovation work. We quickly explained who we were and what we were doing. He said he'd love a Book of Mormon and invited us back next week. As we were walking away he mentioned how crazy it was that we showed up when we did. He renovates once or twice in a week and is only there for 3 or 4 hours when he does go there. None of that clicked until I thought about it that night and a huge feeling of gratitude rushed over me. The Lord is amazing.
Anyway, that experience gave me enough energy to carry on the rest of the week. Elder Wood and I were scrambling for lessons and squeezed in 4 on Sunday. The people just aren't home right now for some reason.
But we also set up this week. It's going to be good, I can feel it. And that was my week. I feel really good. I could take on the world right now. I've put my mind completely on the Lord and finally feel like the He trusts me. It's been a hard road to feel like I've earned His trust. Ever since I left Kiel I've felt down. But, the past bit has helped and I'm happy and willing to do whatever needs to be done. Many thanks to my friends which are a huge part in my life. I'm so grateful for the people I've known.
I love and miss you both!
Elder ChArnett

No comments: