Monday, December 29, 2008

Two weeks of emails and photos












Blogger's note: This is the email after we talked with him on Christmas Day

Hey guys.
I know this is going to be annoying for you, but I'm not going to write a lot today. I have a lot on my mind and just need to get out for P-day.

It was good talking to you guys. I have a lot to think about. I can't believe that time has flown by so fast. It actually kinda pains me to have to think about home and make plans. My whole mission I've loved thinking about home and telling stories to anyone that would listen, but now...now my stories have turned into mission memories. I can't picture Arizona in my mind anymore and the pictures are fading. Time is my enemy. I hate to think that this is one war I won't win.

Everything is good. Thanks for the gel mom. Diane is sending me a package soon, you could slip it in there. And your request will be honored.

Let me know how the tests turn out with the Doctor please, mom.
I got to run. It's one of those days.

Loves
Elder ChArnett
December 22nd email:
Parentals.

And here we are. Back at Christmas. I swear it was just yesterday that I was celebrating it last year. This year has gone by so fast. I know it may be kinda cruel, but I'm not going to write much since I'm going to talk to you in three days. Speaking of which, call me at 11 AM your time. There is, I believe, an eight hour time difference and it'll be 7 my time and we should be home by then. I hope that works for you. Call before to make sure it all works. The German Country code is 49. Dial that before the number I gave you last week. Happy Birth-Day mom (no I didn't forget, I even wrote happy bday in my journal!)

This week was kinda annoying. We had all but one appointment fall out and no investigators came to church. Really disappointing. We only taught 3 lessons. Gar. It really makes saddens me when that happens. The people here are just so busy and have so many preparations and things to get done before the three days of Christmas...no time for us. But don't worry mom, we have appointments with members on all three Christmas'. And I mean Heilige Abend (Holy Night/Christmas Eve), normal Christmas (the 25th), and 2nd Christmas (the 26th)! Yea for getting fat! Woot! I don't look like I've gained that much weight since I've been out here, but that's for two reasons, one I've lost almost all muscle I had before the mish, and remember how I was on my death bed right before I left and dropped like 15 lbs? So, from the start of my mission til 'now I've gained a lot, despite losing the muscle. It's been replaced by schnitzel and potatoes and rotkohl. Yea for German food!

The past few days we have been giving many priesthood blessings. I don't really understand why they are all coming to us though. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to do it, it being my duty and all, but the members have just as much right, if not more, to do it instead. We should be ready at every opportunity and so should they.
I had a lot of dreams last night. It was all about the work. I saw how I could do an approach right after Christmas. I really don't know if the dream was inspired, but it helped me. The work right now is really hard. Like I said, people just have no time, and right after Christmas its even harder cause the Christmas season is just past and people have had enough of God. But I'm going to try what I dreamed next week. We'll see how it works out.

Ok, well that's going to do it for me this week. I know its short, but we will talk soon. Butl, I love and miss you two and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Pics,
1. The Elders in Essen and Mulheim. No we are not holding hands. Elder Green goes home on Thursday.
2. Elder Green. My hero.
3) These are most of the guys I came out with. There are 3 Elders missing. They are in the Northern Zones.
4. The sons and grandsons of Elder Lewis. I am the only son left, the rest are grandsons and great-grandsons.

And thats it! I'm out!

LOVES
Elder ChArnett

No comments: